Sunday 25 March 2012

Vancouver Comic Jam

I just came back from the Vancouver Comic Jam and I am exhausted, but invigorated!

It was super fun meeting all these exciting artists and art fanatics. There's something about like-minded people, and people working towards similar goals that feels like coming home, a warm cup of coco.

Anyway, I talked to a lot of people at the group and got a lot of interest in this group. The idea is simple, to get together and draw for fun and for exercise. Drawing/sketching is like daily exercise, and it's always more fun with people there to encourage you and perhaps offer some advice (if asked for).

This group has so much potential in that it can be a place where we not only meet new people, have fun drawing, but also share valuable knowledge and insight into our own artistic styles and creative process.

I also decided to switch the time to 4PM now, since I've gotten more than one comment that 4pm works better.

So every Sunday, 4PM, Waterfront Station (the main concord) - I will be hopping on a skytrain and creepily drawing people for an hour or two. See you there!

Sketches will be posted here soon.

1 comment:

  1. I think drawing the grumpy people would be the funniest.......except for when they notice...than it might become an evil stare....wait, draw that too...

    ReplyDelete