Monday 26 March 2012

Face Observations Vancouver VS Toronto

I've been focussing on thickness of line-work lately, form and value. These were mostly done with a portable brush-pen. 

So, I've notice that Vancouverites have softer features than Torontonians. I have a theory about that.


I was thinking about why there are regional looks. Is it something in the water? I'm specifically talking about people of Caucasian decent who have rounder features, more Eastern European, Polish, and Ukrainian descendent. I've mentioned this theory to a few people, and in politically correct Vancouver, you instantly feel a vibe when talking about racial matters. Sigh, a lot of people cannot distinguish people racial with being racist.

 The thing is, a lot of people can tell different Asian people apart, and it makes sense that you can differentiate different white faces too. British, Scottish, and western European descendent often have more squarish features.
 I remembered in grade 10 social studies class, we learned that more Eastern European descendent settled west because they were the best farmers and could cultivate the land better.
 So yah, Vancourites seem to have softer features. Torontonians, more squarish, kinda like that guy on the bottom right looking at the girl in the hoodie, kinda like that. British descendants also often have higher ridges at the top of their nose, it's very attractive.

Oh yah, I love people who wear unusual clothes and hats and accessories - the girl has horns on her head, I had to draw her.



I do apologize if any of these observations are taken as stereotypes and of course you can't just lump everyone into such broad strokes. No, you can't, but generally speaking, most people have two eyes, a nose, a mouth... We all have a basic structure to our faces. It is the job of a serious drawer to know what makes a person, a group or a city unique. So, chill out PC-Vancouver. 

deez just jokes, I'm very tired and dunno what I'm talking about, you know I love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment